Inn8. How We Work
John Brooker of Yes! And… guides teams in large organisations to create original solutions that receive a “Yes! And…” response rather than “No, way!”
John has been involved in innovation for over 25 years, innovating and transforming services internationally, as a Senior Vice President in the Visa organisation, as a consultant facilitator with major organisations and as an MBA tutor on Creativity and Innovation.
What John has learned from experience is that organisations give great opportunities to teams who often fail to make the most of them. One reason for this is that they fail to think the opportunity through thoroughly enough nor creatively enough at the outset. As a result they:
- Run into resistance within the organisation and fail to win support for their solution
- Create unoriginal “me too” solutions that falter on exposure to clients
- Encounter predictable issues and obstacles that waste time and money
To help organisations, John facilitates meetings with the project team members in which he:
- Encourages collaboration
- Motivates and enthuses
- Taps in to the innate creativity of every individual in the team
To do this he uses his Inn8 Approach and Inn8 Model. This Model has eight stages to structure logical and creative thinking and develop the opportunity thoroughly. John has the team explore the opportunity, create and hone original solutions, set a strategy to implement it, work out how to win support for it and minimise the risk of issues and obstacles arising.
As an example: John worked with a FTSE 100 company that had a £100 million project they had failed three times to roll out. John worked with the fourth Programme Director and his team who created a new approach, ran a successful pilot that achieved double the benefit planned and convinced a sceptical Board to roll the programme out nationwide.
The Yes! And… Inn8 Approach is different because it is:
- Scalable. You can test it on a small scale opportunity, gain success, learn and roll it out quickly to more and larger projects. There is no major risk involved and no training programmes. People “earn as they learn” whilst working on a real opportunity.
- Adaptable. You can apply it across the whole organisation with people at all levels, on a wide range of opportunities.
- Flexible. You can run meetings in consecutive days or over time. Certain shorter stages of the model can also be run as a webinar.
- Efficient. Typically John spends 3 – 5 days with a team depending on the size of the team and the complexity of the opportunity. On going support is also available.
This “SAFE” Approach has convinced even the most sceptical of senior managers that teams can develop opportunities innovatively and yet in a structured way.
After the Workshop
At the end of each workshop, we provide an attractive photographic report that details the flow of the workshop and records the key information generated. We supplement this with an Excel workbook containing all of the information recorded so that you can easily track each opportunity over time.
After each workshop, you make a decision on whether you wish to proceed with further workshops, so controlling your risk and financial investment. We work with you to plan how to proceed.
As well as facilitating additional workshops, we can develop your staff to facilitate the Inn8 Approach, provide workbooks, support you with toolkits, stimulate social media groups and essentially help you to make the most of your opportunities through innovative thinking, one opportunity at a time.
For a summary of the Stages in the Inn8 Model, please see the section titled “Inn8 Summary”.
If you work in a medium to large organisation and have a significant opportunity to make the most of, ask for our Innov8 Initial Questionnaire that will help you to think through your requirements.
Contact John Brooker now without obligation on:
SPEAK: +44 (0)20 8869 9990
WRITE: Via our Contact Us Page